Under the direction of senior management and the Corporate Controller, you are responsible for the management and operation of our U.S. accounting activities & responsibilities. We are seeking a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves individual who brings their business, finance, systems & operations skills to this position, to lead accounting and related functions, to work closely with our management team, and to help position the operation for growth & opportunities.
Who We Are:
- Pacific Coast E&S Insurance Services is a leader in the niche E&S insurance field with offices in California and Washington, currently writing business in California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Our head office is located in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Our people are committed to performance, teamwork, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Located in our headquarters office in Santa Rosa you have responsibility for accounting & finance activities for all locations of Pacific Coast E&S Insurance Services.
- Accounting responsibilities include supervising non-exempt accounting staff, and working along side staff to handle:
- accounts receivables & collections,
- cash management,
- general operations & trust payables,
- general ledger, subsidiary ledgers & reconciliations,
- financial statements preparation & analysis,
- budget, variance & comparisons,
- payroll & benefits administration,
- management reports, and
- numerous business tax returns preparation & reconciliations.
- Related functions include coordination with IT staff, systems & processes; facilities & vendor relations and planning; compliance & risk analysis to promote policies, internal controls & performance standards across all departments, all locations.
- Your mandate is to work with our team to accurately and thoroughly meet all deadlines for financial reporting & regulatory compliance; help set & maintain corporate standards to provide superior customer service in the most cost-effective, efficient manner; meet management reporting expectations & needs.
- 5 + years senior-role experience in accounting & in operations leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related subject, required. CPA certification, preferred.
- Demonstrated technical accounting skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge of unique financial accounting & reporting requirements of the insurance industry, preferred.
- Familiarity with electronic accounting packages, required.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel and familiarity with database concepts.
- Experience managing & training a team.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate, oral & written, with people at all levels, from all backgrounds, with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be a team player, with ablility to lead and to collaborate with varied teams.
- A high level of self-motivation and proactiveness; this position requires you to be versatile & flexible, to readily take on whatever function necessary for the company’s growth & success.
- Ability to think outside the box for solutions.
- Professional appearance, cheerful manner, good communication skills, good humored; love details and people.
- The favored candidate will have all the above with a proven track record of outstanding customer service, computer systems knowledge with workflow efficiencies development, hands-on accounting operations & related activities experience, accounting operations leadership experience in a high energy/high volume environment, preferably in Property & Casualty insurance.
We work with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, vision care and 401k plan.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to our Human Resource office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.