- In this position in our Santa Rosa headquarters office, you will assist our Staff Accountant and Controller with any and all accounting duties, focusing on receivables and collections, and providing support for payables, financial statements preparation, reconciliations and tax return preparation, for Pacific Coast E&S Insurance Services, all locations. We currently have office locations in California & in Washington.
- Your mandate is to accurately and thoroughly meet deadlines, provide superior customer service, internally and externally, and maintain corporate standards.
- Our Accounting Team is seeking a cheerful, detailed team member to join us. Our mission is to provide timely, accurate and thorough financial information to our management team, to our customers, as well as meet all deadlines for financial reporting.
- The favored candidate will have a proven track record of superior customer service, along with accounting support experience in a high energy/high volume environment, preferably in a Property & Casualty insurance office.
Who We Are:
- Pacific Coast E&S Insurance Services is a leader in the niche E&S insurance field with offices in California and Washington, writing business in California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Our head office is located in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Our people are committed to performance, teamwork, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success.
- 2 – 3 years bookkeeping & accounting support experience.
- Accounting certificate or Associates degree emphasizing accounting.
- Professional appearance, cheerful manner, good communication skills; flexible; love details and people.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Accounting systems; proficient in Excel.
- Demonstrated technical accounting skills and knowledge.
Assist With the Following Primary Responsibilities:
- Daily accounting operation, reporting to the Staff Accountant
- Handle A/R, deposits, customer statements, maintaining collection standards
- Communicate with customers regarding collections and payments, and assist with reconciliation of policy records
- Follow internal controls, policies & procedures to ensure accuracy & security of financial information
At direction of Staff Accountant and/or Controller:
- Process & reconcile A/P, both vendor, trust & tax payables
- Process GL entries and reconciliations, both operations and trust accounting
- Communicate with insurance market contacts
- Reconcile bank statements for all locations and bank accounts
- Prepare monthly and year end closing entries
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements entries and reports
- Prepare regulatory reports, filings and business tax returns for multiple states
- Other support duties as assigned by management
We work with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, vision care and 401k plan.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to our Human Resource office: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.